Bob Doll, chief equity strategist and senior portfolio manager of Nuveen Asset Management, has released his annual “2014 Ten Predictions,” which takes a look at the trends and issues he believes will shape the New Year. Doll’s predictions are:
1. The U.S. economy grows 3 percent as housing starts surpass one million and private employment hits an all-time high.
2. 10-year Treasury yields move toward 3.5 percent as the Federal Reserve completes tapering and holds short-term rate near zero.
3. U.S. equities record another good year despite enduring a 10-percent correction.
4. Cyclical stocks outperform defensive stocks.
5. Dividends, stock buybacks, Cap-ex, and M&A all increase at a double-digit rate.