Session 1: What are ETFs?
Click here to view online.
- Hear about the changing industry landscape and ETF growth
- Understand what an ETF is and the benefits of ETFs in client portfolios
Session 2: How to buy ETFs
- Learn about the creation and redemption process
- Understand the impact of liquidity and cost when buying an ETF
Session 3: Active & Index Investing
Click here to view online.
- Understand how ETFs can offer efficient market exposure
- Identify ETF strategies that can complement active strategies
Session 4: ETF Best Practices & Case Studies
- Bring together the series with actionable ideas
- Best practices and resources to start using ETFs
1:00-2:00 pm ET
Strategist, iShares Equity
Smart Beta Team
Today's market volatility and low yields have driven many to search for an approach to investing that better aligns with their needs - and one fast-growing area is Smart Beta ETFs.
Smart Beta ETFs use a different lens than traditional index products, focusing on stocks or bonds that have potentially attractive and intuitive characteristics like low volatility, dividend yield or company quality. This approach can help investors pursue desired outcomes like staying invested through volatile markets or seeking higher income. Smart Beta ETFs sit at the intersection of active and index investing, incorporating elements of both.
Hear from Holly Framsted, Strategist on the iShares Equity Smart Beta teams, as she discusses the potential benefits and application of using Smart Beta ETFs to:
- Seek to Manage Volatility - Lower volatility can help investors stick with their plans
- Pursue Higher Income - Dividend paying strategies can help meet income goals
- Seek to Outperform - Factor strategies can help enhance returns
Carefully consider the Funds' investment objectives, risk factors, and charges and expenses before investing. This and other information can be found in the Funds' prospectuses or, if available, the summary prospectuses which may be obtained by visiting www.iShares.com or www.blackrock.com. Read the prospectus carefully before investing.
Investing involves risk, including possible loss of principal.
There is no guarantee that any fund will pay dividends. There can be no assurance that performance will be enhanced for funds that seek to provide exposure to certain quantitative investment characteristics ("factors"). Exposure to such investment factors may detract from performance in some market environments, perhaps for extended periods. In such circumstances, a fund may seek to maintain exposure to the targeted investment factors and not adjust to target different factors, which could result in losses.
Minimum volatility ETFs may experience more than minimum volatility as there is no guarantee that the underlying index's strategy of seeking to lower volatility will be successful.
The Funds are distributed by BlackRock Investments, LLC (together with its affiliates, “BlackRock”).
©2015 BlackRock. All rights reserved. iSHARES and BLACKROCK are registered trademarks of BlackRock. All other marks are the property of their respective owners. iS-17041-1115
FOR INSTITUTIONAL USE ONLY – NOT FOR PUBLIC DISTRIBUTION
Accepted for one hour of CE Credit from the CFP Board and
for one CE hour toward the CIMA®/CIMC®/CPWA® designations